Keeping up with…SEO- Search Engine Optimisation in 2016
SEO isn’t a term I particularly like to use, as I feel it evokes memories of intense keyword stuffing, and posting, let’s face it, very poorly written articles left right and centre, on whatever awful site would host it.
However SEO is very important, and today it’s a very different kettle of fish. Carrying out out of date practices is only going to harm you rather than help, so it’s important to keep up to date with the latest, and know exactly what you need to be doing to ensure your website can be found simply and quickly through search.
SEO takes time, and as we all know content is the focus of this, and producing great content takes time and skill. Here are the latest guides to help you stay up to date with the industry, and ensure you’re doing everything you should be to make sure your site ranks well for your search terms, helping you bring in more customers…
The Beginners Guide…
Not sure where to start when it comes to SEO? Check out these guides, which walk you through the early stages of understanding search engine optimisation:
1. The Moz Guide- Moz are kind of the kings of SEO, they really know their stuff: moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo
2. Another comprehensive and easy to understand guide is that from Kissmetrics: blog.kissmetrics.com/seo-guide/
SEO is all about staying one step ahead of the game, otherwise your competitors will just overtake you. Reading up on what’s expected to come for 2016 is a great way to ensure you’re staying educated:
1. This is a great guide to the world of online marketing in 2016 from Forbes: www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2015/11/10/the-fundamental-guide-to-seo-in-2016/#139189926322
2. Read up on the SEO trends as told by SEO Nick: www.seonick.net/7-simple-seo-tricks-to-improve-your-2016-seo/
As we should all know by now, content is the ticket to great SEO, and each and every page on your website should contain fantastic, engaging, informative and optimised content. The best way to introduce more content to your site is with a blog page, which works wonders for SEO, but the content you post must be of the best quality.
Have a look at this guide to help with your content creation: neilpatel.com/2015/02/10/seo-copywriting-how-to-write-content-for-people-and-optimize-for-google-2/
Staying ahead of the search game will go along way to helping your business grow in 2016. Looking for assistance with content creation or SEO in general? We offer web copy writing, blog writing and blog management, as well as general content management, and SEO services. Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Grow your Interior Design & Homeware Brand with Blogging2nd May 2018
- How to Create a cohesive Instagram Brand Style16th April 2018
- 9 Ways to Drive More Traffic to your Blog11th April 2018
- My Blog Writing & Blog Management Packages Explained11th April 2018
- Building your Personal Brand: For Introverted Bloggers & Business Owners23rd March 2018
- Our Twitter feed is currently unavailable but you can visit our official twitter page @ThemeForest.